Friday, November 8, 2013

Kenny Rogers: One Of The Greats




Though I'm not really a country music guy, Kenny Rogers is a timeless artist whose music appeals to many different tastes. I've had the opportunity to see Kenny twice, in 1992 at Edmonton's Northlands Coliseum and the next year at Red Deer's Centrium (about an hour and a half bus ride away)

And if those shows were a little more Vegas-inspired than I might have liked after hearing stories of the legendary 1985 Kenny/Dolly/Lee Greenwood tour (which I didn't get to see), the man still knows how to perform, and satisfy a crowd.

Note on Darius Rucker: I kept saying back in Hootie And The Blowfish's mid-90s heyday that Let Her Cry
was a country song in disguise. People laughed. Now I feel vindicated.

In closing, a bit of traveller's wisdom:

Any Humpty's restaurant anywhere, even those normally open 24 hours, will be cleaned at 11:00 Sunday night.

After which it will probably close for the night, as the one in Red Deer did.

So don't arrive at 10:45 to wait for your ride back to the city.

Have a good night!

MTMG

No comments:

Post a Comment