Monday, April 27, 2020

Down The VOD Lane




As much as I can appreciate a film that celebrates the joys of music appreciation, and as much as I can appreciate a pop culture self-referential joke or two in a family film:






I think both these films (and Scoob! in particular) will be just fine streaming on VOD.

Trolls World Tour is streaming now (19.99 to rent, no buy option) and Scoob! will be available on May 15 (19.99 to rent, 24.99 to buy)

That seems a little high to me. But then again $20 to $25 is better than the going-out-and-eating-and-drinking (not to mention parking) rate of $50 to $100.

There have been umpteen revivals of Scooby Doo since the original cartoon debuted for two seasons in 1969. So the whole thing seems tired to me, like a pale copy.

And the younger set, maybe ten and under, may not get all the musical references and genres thrown at them over the course of 91 minutes (Ozzy Osbourne as King Thrash, anyone?) .

But then again, I'm only speculating. Haven't seen either one.

So maybe in both cases, there's no place like home.

MTMG





No comments:

Post a Comment