Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

I didn`t go anywhere or do anything that special, because I was paying (and still am) for overindulging on Christmas. But I did take the opportunity for some PVR catchup. Here are some short takes:

Napoleon Dynamite - God! White boys with afros! Vote for Pedro aside, it`s a drunken SNL sketch. Yes, I know it made $44 million, and I applaud Jon Heder for his scruples and clean living, but I still really miss John Hughes.

Road House - Fun formulaic fluff from the 80s starring Patrick Swayze as Dalton, a seen-it-all bouncer who takes out the trash and romances lady doctor Kelly Preston. The thing about Swayze was that, no matter how anemic the script, the man never phoned in a role. He always brought his charisma and lifeforce to it, if sometimes only by force of will. And even if you think he peaked with `Nobody puts Baby in a corner`, you can always view it as an extended tribute to the late great Jeff Healey.

More tomorrow. Have a great night!

MTMG

No comments:

Post a Comment