Monday, March 6, 2017

Love Actually Actually Again?


So yesterday came word that the team behind Love Actually is reuniting for a followup to the 2003 sleeper hit. with Prime Minister David (Hugh Grant) and his beloved civilian Natalie (Martine McCutcheon) front and center. I am not too sure about this. While I enjoyed the original film's exploration of the different types of love, be it romantic, platonic, friendly, bromance or cute preteen crush, Love Actually also relied heavily on the chemistry between its couples. At the time I had trouble buying Grant as a PM because he looked too good. But I guess history has caught up to us in Canada at least, seeing as we have our very own dashing fella at the helm. It remains to be seen if the magic of Liam Neeson's remark to his son that there is hope for him if Ringo Starr can get a Bond girl, or the sheer audaciousness of Bill Nighy's aging, profane rock star, can be replicated. But I tell you what, if the new plot involves a bus breakdown during the rock star's reunion tour with his old faux Stones band with Liam's son on drums and Ringo as the lad's drum tech, I'm in.


MTMG.

No comments:

Post a Comment