Wednesday, March 22, 2017

RIP Chuck Barris




Chuck Barris, the legendary host of The Gong Show in the 70s and author of the "unauthorized" biography Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind, passed away in his Palisades, New Jersey home today at the age of the age of 87. I cannot say that I was an avid fan of Mr. Barris or the Gong Show in its heyday, but I have to say I admire the man's gigantic balls for taking a small kernel of truth (yes, he did actually apply for the CIA but ultimately opted for a television career) into an action-filled potboiler that people believed for years.

Hmmm...since I have worn a dinner jacket a few times in my life, and since I got a shave and a haircut yesterday, I guess I can start writing my book entitled That Night I Switched Places With James Bond. I'll let you know how that goes.

Now let's watch the trailer for the 2002 film Confessions of A Dangerous Mind directed by George Clooney and starring Sam Rockwell as Barris, as well as a 1977 episode of The Gong Show, essentially an ancestor to America's Got Talent. With no less than young David Letterman on the judging panel.








MTMG

No comments:

Post a Comment