Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Star Wars: A Special Moment In Time






I dearly hope that Disney and related copyright police do not take this off of YouTube. Because let's face it, we all had visceral reactions like this when watching Star Wars and other movies that turned out to be cultural touchstones.

I saw Star Wars not in its original 1977 run but as part of a 1983 double feature with The Empire Strikes Back in 1983 which coincided with the imminent release of Return Of The Jedi. The double feature was enjoyed at Edmonton's Capitol Square Theatre by our family, and Jedi at the Westmount theatre on its second weekend.

Oh what a simpler time to live in, where a family could bring in a device like this





and theatre management would not notice (or care).

Kind of makes me wish I'd brought one in 1984 when I was watching Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom at the Paramount Theatre downtown. Particularly during this scene:




during which I screamed, "CUT THE BRIDGE!!!", thereby startling my father, sister, and her friend, on the movie's second Friday.

And  to Mr. William Forsche, who has shared this piece of his life with the world...what a special way to remember your mother.

MTMG






No comments:

Post a Comment