Thursday, May 16, 2019

Old Is New: Part 1



Behold...the new Lion King trailer.

Jaw-dropping visuals aside, do we really need this?

It looks to be a shot-for-shot remake. Here's the trailer for the 1994 animated film:





I know I have reached a certain stage in the circle of life (sorry had to do it).

And I am very excited to see what the current generation comes up with as far as original contributions to pop culture.

I have two young nieces, so seeing pop culture through their eyes will be fun.

I just wonder if the next generation of writers, directors and ultimately consumers will be inspired enough to create and appreciate anything new.

Because pop culture at the moment seems to be symbolized by old fogeys in parks playing chess and going, "Back in our day..."

MTMG

No comments:

Post a Comment