Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Boney M Christmas Wishes For The Ages







I will never forget hearing these songs for the first time, as part of the iconic Boney M Christmas Album in 1981.

On a cassette in the nursing office in the Glenrose School Hospital, in fact.

The music stuck with me then.

It's a part of my soul now.

And I certainly remember the Christmas season in 1984, when our grandma Lucy bought our family a copy of the tape.

It's hard to imagine now, but cassettes were just about a close second to LP's in sound quality back then.


And were therefore on the expensive side.

But Grandma knew how much we would appreciate it.

And we really, really did!

I don't know about my sister Jacquie, but whenever I need a pick-me-up for Christmas spirit, I always find myself returning to these songs.

I hope that they can do the same for you if need be.

Merry Christmas one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment